Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's Made Me Hard Headed..

  I was oh so blessed to have my parents stay together until I was 11 years old. What a bunch of hell that was. I thought I was a daddy's girl when this split came, but a year later I found out that I really wasn't when my dad got remarried to a woman with 3 other children and I became his last priority. That's pretty sad to say huh? He can't afford $35 a week and the only time I talk to him is when I call him. In the past year, I believe I have seen my father twice. When he walked out, by God he walked out I reckon.
  My mom on the other hand, she dealt with a son who was in and out of jail and who is now in prison, and a quieter, more sneakier daughter. Me and my mom have had a very open relationship, and I do mean very open. I would say that my mom is my biggest hero, and my very best friend. She supported a child on her own with a rinky-dink minimum wage job, barley making ends meet. Somehow she accomplished it.  
  I don't remember what it's like to be around my dad. I don't know what it's like to have a sibling around all the time. In my life, all I really know is people popping in and out for various stretches of time, and no father either. Do I feel sad because of this? Hell no I don't.
  If anything, all of these things wouldn't have made me into the person that I am today, and I would be vulnerable enough to think that when someone waltzes into your life their going to stay. Instead, I let them walk right on in, and expect them to walk right back out at any moment. I don't expect anyone to hold to their word too much either, but I've never really done it come to think of it...
  It may not sound like it, but I've had a rough childhood. I would describe it more, but I don't remember it that much. Maybe it's a good thing that I don't, maybe it isn't. Who knows?